There is only Brexit. There is no hard Brexit, no soft Brexit, just Brexit.
Only UKIP will make Theresa May honour the Brexit vote.
Look at the ballot paper from the EU Referendum below. It doesn’t mention hard or soft. It simply asks should we remain in or leave the EU. We voted to leave. It is that simple.
We voted to leave and those that are now waffling about hard and soft Brexit are just trying to undermine the will of the British people. It is no wonder that some of them admired Fidel Castro, it seems, that like him, they don’t respect democracy.
Before the Referendum took place there was no talk of hard or soft Brexit. The politicians now demanding Parliament has a say in the Brexit negotiations are the same ones that were so eager to give up power to Brussels without a whimper. They have no faith or confidence in our great country. They want to go begging to the EU for a deal when in reality the EU should come begging to us.
Britain has the upper hand in negotiations with the EU and here are some of the reasons why:
- We buy £60 billion a year more from the EU than they buy from us. The EU is in no position to stop trading with us.
- We will not have to pay £10 billion each year for the “privilege” of having a massive trade deficit.
- We have a trade surplus with the rest of the World and this is growing and will continue to grow once we leave the EU.
- The USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and China are just some of the 27 countries that have already stated they want to do trade deals with Britain when we leave the EU.
- If the EU tries to play tough on trade deals and impose tariffs, then the think tank Civitas estimates we will raise £12.9 billion in tariffs and pay only £5.2 billion in return.
- UK trade with the EU is in decline. Only 44% of our exports go to the EU and this is in steady decline.
Unlike the narrow-minded elite of the Labour and LibDem parties, UKIP can see beyond the EU. We know that Britain can still trade with the EU and at the same time sign trade deals and increase our exports to the rest of the World.
UKIP has confidence in our great country whereas Labour and the LibDem seem to do nothing but put us down.
Oldham UKIP campaigned with the people of Oldham to leave the EU. Together in Oldham we won the argument and a massive majority with 60.9% voting to leave. The result must be respected and politicians must stop trying to undermine the democratic will of the people.